Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Beginnings and Double Blessings

I've always wanted to have a blog, a place to save the special blessings and must-not-forget moments in life.  Now that I'm a grandma, the want has turned into a need.  If I don't write down the fresh and funny perspectives that children bring to everyday events, I won't remember them.  So I'll save them in Grandma's Hope Chest where I can always take a second look at the treasures God has given me and hope that others will open the lid and receive a blessing as well.

Grandchildren are a double blessing because God once again entrusts us with open minds, open hearts, and the budding spirits of His next generation of explorers.  We get to explore creation again with new eyes and new insights.  We teach and we are taught in the classroom of life.   We discover that we have five senses that need a workout and we have trainers sure to give us a good one!  We get to be wisely mature and innocently immature at the same time. We offer all that we are and receive all that we ever wanted.


Today's hope is that this new beginning will lead to an overflowing chest of magical memories, of sure-to-bring-a-smile stories, and stick-to-the-soul lessons.  I'm trusting that God will reveal those  jewels-in-the-rough He places on my daily path and prompt me to pick them up and place them in my hope chest blog.  Thanks, Jamie, for starting me on my way.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your first post...and your first comment! I'm VERY excited to hear the stories you have to share, though your intonation and verbal storytelling usually make them twice as fun. You are a colorful writer- I have no doubt we will NOT be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, already! Your introductory post sets the stage perfectly for the writings to come. I hope you find this creative outlet brings rewards and treasures your way even as you share yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more. It will be wonderful to open your verbal hope chest share your wit and wisdom. Hugs and love to you,
    Rhonda (joyful)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for contributing to Grandma's Hope Chest!